❤️ Thoai Ngoc Hau Mausoleum in An Giang, Vietnam with ⏰ hours, address, map, directions, prices, photos, ☎️ phone, reviews…One of the top things to do in An Giang. Have you ever been to this place in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam? If you haven’t gone yet, you should check it out!
About Thoai Ngoc Hau Mausoleum in An Giang, 880000, Mekong Delta
Thoai Ngoc Hau (1761–1829) was born in Quang Nam province and served as a mandarin under the Nguyen Lords and later the Nguyen Dynasty. He was sent by the court to explore and guard An Giang province, which was then a frontier area threatened by foreign invaders. He is credited with digging two major canals, Vinh Te and Thoai Ha, which improved irrigation and transportation for the local people. He also built many temples, pagodas, and schools in the region. He was loved and respected by the people for his benevolence and justice.
Thoai Ngoc Hau ordered the construction of his own mausoleum at the foot of Sam Mountain in Chau Doc City in 1829. He chose this location because it faced the Ba Chua Xu Temple, which he also built to worship a local goddess. He also wanted to be buried near the Vinh Te canal, which was his greatest achievement. The mausoleum was completed after his death and also houses the tombs of his two wives, Chau Thi Te and Truong Thi Miet.
The mausoleum is also known as Son Lang, which means “mountain village”. It is a rare, intact architectural work typical of the Nguyen Dynasty remaining in the south. It has a harmonious design that blends with the natural landscape. The mausoleum consists of three main parts: the gate, the courtyard, and the tomb area. The gate is made of brick and has three entrances. The courtyard is spacious and paved with green stone. The tomb area is located on a platform that can be reached by a flight of steps made of red “beehive” stone brought from the southeastern part of Vietnam. In the middle of the platform is the tomb of Thoai Ngoc Hau and those of his wives. There is also a shrine at the rear where visitors can pay their respects. Around the mausoleum are several dozen other tombs where his officials and descendants are buried.
The mausoleum is a historical and cultural relic and a sacred place that attracts many pilgrims and tourists. It is considered one of the most beautiful landscapes in Sam Mountain and a symbol of gratitude and admiration for Thoai Ngoc Hau.
How to get there
The mausoleum is about 10 km from Chau Doc city center and can be easily reached by motorbike, taxi, or bus. If you are coming from Ho Chi Minh City, you can take a bus to Chau Doc (about 6 hours) and then take another bus or taxi to Sam Mountain (about 20 minutes). Alternatively, you can book a tour that includes a visit to the mausoleum and other attractions in An Giang province.
The best time to visit
The mausoleum is open daily from dawn to dusk, and there is no entrance fee. You can visit it at any time of the year, but the best time is from November to February when the weather is dry and cool. You should avoid visiting during national holidays or festivals when they can be very crowded and noisy.
If you visit An Giang and look for a place to visit, you might want to check out Thoai Ngoc Hau Mausoleum. This place has been around for years and is known for its good service and landscapes. This is one of the best places to visit in An Giang.
❤️You can experience happiness by going to Thoai Ngoc Hau Mausoleum 880000, which is located ⭐at Nui Sam, An Giang, 880000 Mekong Delta, Vietnam.✅ There is the address of this place. If anything about the address, phone number, website, or fan page is wrong or has changed, please let us know… Tell us to make sure everyone knows about this favorite place. Have a good time!
Top things to do at Thoai Ngoc Hau Mausoleum in An Giang, 880000
❤️ Thoai Ngoc Hau Mausoleum in An Giang, 880000, Mekong Delta would be a great place for you to visit,⭐ with the best activities and events such as✅ meditation, worship & pilgrimage, exhibits, merch, family-friendly, kid-friendly, and more…
- Learn about the life and achievements of Thoai Ngoc Hau and his wives by reading the inscriptions and plaques around the mausoleum.
- Admire the architecture and craftsmanship of the mausoleum and take photos of the majestic and serene scenery.
- Offer incense and flowers at the shrine, and pray for good luck and health.
- Enjoy the fresh air and the panoramic view of the surrounding countryside from the platform.
- Buy some souvenirs or snacks from the vendors near the gate.
Places to visit nearby
The mausoleum is not the only attraction on Sam Mountain. There are many other places to visit nearby that will make your trip more enjoyable and memorable. Here are some of them:
- Temple of Lady Xu: This is one of the most famous and sacred temples in the Mekong Delta. It was built in the 1820s to house a statue of Lady Xu, a local goddess who is believed to grant wishes and blessings. The temple attracts millions of pilgrims and tourists every year, especially during the Ba Chua Xu Festival in late April or early May. The temple has splendid architecture with four towers, five roofs, and many statues and carvings. It is located opposite the mausoleum and can be reached by a short walk.
- Tay An Pagoda: This is a unique pagoda that combines elements of Hindu, Islamic, and Buddhist architecture. It was founded in 1847 on the site of an earlier shrine, which was renovated in 1958. The pagoda has a domed tower, a hexagonal hall, a lotus-shaped roof, and many colorful statues of deities and animals. It is located about 200 meters from the mausoleum and can be seen from the platform.
- Cavern Pagoda: This is a cave temple that is halfway up the western side of Sam Mountain. It has a spectacular view of the surrounding countryside and the Cambodian border. The temple has many statues of Buddha and bodhisattvas, as well as natural formations such as stalactites and stalagmites. It is also a place where many monks practice meditation and asceticism. It is located about 800 meters from the mausoleum and can be reached by a steep path.
What do people say about Thoai Ngoc Hau Mausoleum, Mekong Delta, Vietnam?
Here are some of the best reviews from people who have visited the mausoleum:
- “A very impressive monument that shows the history and culture of An Giang province. The mausoleum is well-maintained and has a peaceful atmosphere. The view from the platform is amazing. Highly recommended.” Google Maps
- “This is one of my favorite places in Chau Doc. The mausoleum is very beautiful and has a lot of details to admire. The story of Thoai Ngoc Hau is very inspiring and touching. The scenery around the mausoleum is also very nice. A must-see attraction.” – TripAdvisor
- “A great place to learn about Vietnamese history and culture. The mausoleum is very impressive and has a lot of information about Thoai Ngoc Hau and his wives. The architecture is very elegant and harmonious with nature. The view from the platform is breathtaking. A wonderful experience.” Google Maps
Nearby zip codes close to this place
- Ho Chi Minh City, 700000
- Long An, 850000
- Ben Tre, 930000
- Tien Giang, 840000
- Vinh Long, 890000
- Can Tho, 900000
- Bac Lieu, 960000
- Soc Trang, 950000
- Ca Mau, 970000
- Dong Thap, 810000
- Kien Giang, 920000
- Hau Giang, 910000
- Tra Vinh, 870000
Map & Direction
People also search: Best Tourist Attractions in Mekong Delta, Best Places to Visit in Mekong Delta, Best Places to Visit in Vietnam, Best Tourist Attractions in Vietnam, Top Things to Do in Vietnam, Top Things to Do in Mekong Delta – Try A Place – Best Internet marketing services for small businesses: If you don’t try, you’ll never know, where the best places near you are! Please like our posts, comment on them, and share them. Keep in touch with us through our Facebook Fanpage, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn…to get the latest news, especially about discounts and coupons for services near you.
Sources from happy customers: Google Business Profile | Facebook | Instagram | Tripadvisor.