Have you ever been to this place? If you haven’t gone yet, you should check it out!
About McGovern Centennial Gardens in Houston, TX 77004
An 8-acre site featuring themed gardens, a sculpture promenade & a 30-foot mount with city views.
To commemorate Hermann Park’s centennial in 2014, the Hermann Park Conservancy transformed the former Houston Garden Center site into the eight-acre McGovern Centennial Gardens. The gardens were custom-made for Hermann Park and add a new dimension to Houston’s garden attractions. Visitors can explore a variety of themed garden rooms arranged along a spacious central lawn, the Centennial Green, which is home to more than 490 new trees of over 50 species, 760 hedge shrubs, 55,000 perennial bulbs, 650 azaleas, and 4.5 acres of grass. They include the arid garden, the rose garden, the celebration garden, the woodland garden, and an educational family garden that produces seasonal vegetables, herbs, and fruit trees. The main entry into the gardens is through the Cherie Flores Garden Pavilion, which was designed by Peter Bohlin, architect of Apple stores worldwide.
If you visit Houston, Texas, and are looking for a tourist attraction, you might want to check out McGovern Centennial Gardens. This place has been around for years and is known for its good service and landscapes. Mcgovern Centennial Gardens is a great place to visit with friends and family.
❤️You can experience happiness by going to McGovern Centennial Gardens 77004, which is located ⭐at 1500 Hermann Dr, Houston, TX 77004.✅ There is the address of this place. If anything about the address, phone number, website, or fan page is wrong or has changed, please let us know… Tell us to make sure everyone knows about this favorite place. Have a good time!
Best things to do at McGovern Centennial Gardens in Texas 77004
❤️ McGovern Centennial Gardens in Houston, TX 77004 would be a great place for you to visit,⭐ with the best activities and events such as✅ picnics, pavilion, family-friendly, kid-friendly, and more…
- Mon-Sun: 9 am – 7 pm
(The Centennial Gardens hours change seasonally)
Nearby zip codes close to this place
- ZIP Code 77002, Houston, TX
- ZIP Code 77003, Houston, TX
- ZIP Code 77005, Houston, TX
- ZIP Code 77006, Houston, TX
- ZIP Code 77011, Houston, TX
- ZIP Code 77021, Houston, TX
- ZIP Code 77023, Houston, TX
- ZIP Code 77030, Houston, TX
What do people say about McGovern Centennial Gardens in Houston, Texas 77004?
- If you love plants, this is the place for you. It’s one of my favorites in Houston, and we bring our guests there. The gardens are beautiful, peaceful, and packed with flowers and plants to explore. There’s a rose garden, an arid garden with agaves and yuccas, and even a veggie and herb garden. We love strolling around and identifying new varieties. It’s dog-friendly too, with a pup watering station by the arid garden. Even in the blistering summer heat, the garden is worth checking out. Best of all, the entrance is free!
- It is a wonderful garden with so many statues, beautiful flowering plants, and little walking trails. I’m glad that they are constantly updating and improving the park. The middle part of the park lacks shaded trees, so it’s a hard walk during hot days. Definitely check it out.
- Absolutely amazing, beautiful! Great upkeep with all the workers. Flowers smell so good and are just beautiful. I would totally recommend coming by and seeing this place if you are from out of town. It would be beautiful to eat and have a meal looking at the water.
- A great and beautiful place to visit. Open to the public and free. I visited after going to the Natural Science Museum right next door, so it’s a great stop. They also have free 3-hour parking, which is a bonus, so you can avoid paying for parking and visit the museum. They have chairs and a shaded area near the parking lot entrance, which provides a great place to relax and take in the view.
- What a beautiful place of nature and flowers! It was awesome. I have never been to this beautiful McGovern Centennial Gardens, which has an amazing garden.
Map & Direction
People also search: best places to Visit in Houston, best places to visit in Texas, best tourist attractions in Houston, best tourist attractions in Texas – Try A Place – Best Internet marketing services for small businesses: If you don’t try, you’ll never know, where the best places near you are! Please like our posts, comment on them and share them. Keep in touch with us through our Facebook Fanpage, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn…to get the latest news, especially about discounts and coupons for services near you.
Watch more: McGovern Centennial Gardens on Tiktok | McGovern Centennial Gardens on Shorts | McGovern Centennial Gardens on Reel. Explore it!
Sources from happy customers: Google Business Profile | Facebook | Instagram | Yelp.