Have you ever been to this place? If you haven’t gone yet, you should check it out!
About Lone Star Flight Museum in Houston, TX 77034
Home of the Texas Aviation Hall of Fame, with vintage aircraft & rides on warplanes.
The museum is located in Houston, Texas, is an aerospace museum that displays more than 24 historically significant aircraft, and many artifacts related to the history of flight. The museum’s collection is rare because most of the aircraft are flyable. Located at Ellington Airport, the museum is housed on about 100,000 ft2 (10,000 m2) of property, including its own airport ramp. The museum, formerly located in Galveston, moved to Houston to avoid a repeat of the devastation suffered during Hurricane Ike.
The museum began as a private collection of historic aircraft in 1985. By 1990, that collection had grown enough that its owner decided to place them on public display. This place is a non-profit organization funded entirely through private donations, was formed for that purpose.
The museum has featured exhibits on the September 11th attacks and Women Airforce Service Pilots.
The Texas Aviation Hall of Fame, located within the museum, honors the contributions of residents or natives of Texas to aviation and spaceflight. Inductees include Howard Hughes, Gordon Bethune, Emma Carter Browning, Alan Bean, Senator Lloyd Bentsen, Azellia White, and President George H. W. Bush.
If you visit Houston, Texas, and are looking for a tourist attraction, you might want to check out Lone Star Flight Museum. This place has been around for years and is known for its good service and landscapes. Lone Star Flight Museum is a great place to visit with friends and family.
❤️You can experience happiness by going to Lone Star Flight Museum 77034, which is located ⭐at 11551 Aerospace Ave, Houston, TX 77034.✅ There is the address of this place. If anything about the address, phone number, website, or fan page is wrong or has changed, please let us know… Tell us to make sure everyone knows about this favorite place. Have a good time!
Best things to do at Lone Star Flight Museum in Texas 77034
❤️ Lone Star Flight Museum in Houston, TX 77034 would be a great place for you to visit,⭐ with the best activities and events such as✅ education, events, exhibits, merch, family-friendly, kid-friendly, and more…
- Tue-Sat: 10 am – 5 pm
- Sun: 12 pm – 5 pm
- Mon: Closed
Nearby zip codes close to this place
- ZIP Code 77017, Houston, TX
- ZIP Code 77059, Houston, TX
- ZIP Code 77061, Houston, TX
- ZIP Code 77062, Houston, TX
- ZIP Code 77075, Houston, TX
- ZIP Code 77089, Houston, TX
- ZIP Code 77504, Pasadena, TX
- ZIP Code 77505, Pasadena, TX
- ZIP Code 77546, Friendswood, TX
- ZIP Code 77581, Pearland, TX
- ZIP Code 77587, South Houston, TX
- ZIP Code 77598, Webster, TX
What do people say about Lone Star Flight Museum in Houston, Texas 77034?
- This is the best museum experience I’ve had. My scout troop was taking the aviation merit badge, and the instructor was top-notch. The interactive experience was excellent and really showed the science of flight. Finally, they got to pre-flight a real plane.
- Awesome collection of vintage and historic planes. Well laid out. Plenty of photo ops All indoors and air-conditioned. Nice little coffee shop inside as well. It takes 2 or 3 hours to see everything. The flight simulator class was closed, but the flight simulator ride was open and pretty good (for an additional charge). Also, grab the free paper airplanes. The gift shop was good.
- I came for a wedding one time; she was freaking stunning. The polished, shiny planes under spotlights, banners, and other flight memorabilia were nostalgic and incredible. Then came a second time for a candlelight orchestra concert. The lights were super dimmed down. There were a hundred people or so, but it was quiet. It felt sophisticated and proper; it was cool; I had a good time.
- We attended a Fever concert at the museum that was a presentation of authentic Flamenco music. It also included the dancing of the time. We thoroughly enjoyed the concert and highly recommend it to everyone.
- It’s not just like Galveston where you just walk around old planes. Now moved close to Nasa. There’s plenty for both kids and adults to do. Have Minut Cafe and a gift shop. mock-up NASA Space Shuttle outside the museum. A nice tribute to the pilots of planes and those who worked on them.
- Solid aviation museum with lots of cool old WW II planes. They also offer a decent military discount, and they have a nice gift shop plus a Minuti coffee shop inside.
Map & Direction
People also search: best places to Visit in Houston, best places to visit in Texas, best tourist attractions in Houston, best tourist attractions in Texas – Try A Place – Best Internet marketing services for small businesses: If you don’t try, you’ll never know, where the best places near you are! Please like our posts, comment on them and share them. Keep in touch with us through our Facebook Fanpage, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn…to get the latest news, especially about discounts and coupons for services near you.
Watch more: Lone Star Flight Museum on Tiktok | Lone Star Flight Museum on Shorts | Lone Star Flight Museum on Reel. Explore it!
Sources from happy customers: Google Business Profile | Facebook | Instagram | Yelp.